1. Apparently my fic Aftershocks
was one of the most popular Harry/Draco fics on AO3 in 2016! At least as far as drarry-specific-recs can tell, from hits
. What??? It’s like 2k of after-sex fingering. But then I guess that would back up my theory that a lot of the most successful fic (in terms of attention/love) combines a big pairing with an offbeat kink.
2. I have a problem with my left eye which will probably not get better, but is far from a disaster. (I can’t read with the left eye alone, but my peripheral vision is fine and my right eye compensates, so I barely notice having a floater in the left eye.) Mostly I notice when I do my eye make-up. Right now I’m relieved that the attempt at making it better - two INJECTIONS INTO MY EYE, NEEDLE IN MY ACTUAL EYE OH MY GOD - is probably over.
3. I signed up for hd_erised
. I was in at nine minutes and the very last sign-up. Now the waiting for my assignment begins! I wouldn’t be surprised if this was my last fic for that fest - although not my last HP fic! - so. Yeah. I’m pleased I got in, although we’ll see how I feel once I get my match!
4. Friday I went to see ‘Queers’ with kabal42
, and mokatiki
. It was gorgeous - four monologues from queer men (I think three gay, one trans and straight) going forward in time. They were funny, heartbreaking, clever, and also really wonderfully expressed some of the ambiguity within the community about respectability, and legality, and the feeling of loss that comes with not being an “outlaw” as you become accepted. That’s not something I see talked about much, but it’s a very real tension. Also different varieties of happy endings. <3
5. I’m sorry I’m SO TERRIBLE at comment replies right now. It’s 100000% not you, it’s me.This was originally posted at http://lokifan.dreamwidth.org/362844.html. Comment wherever you like :)